Network and security assessment
Network and security assessment is a comprehensive review of a network's security measures to identify potential vulnerabilities or entry points for attackers It involves auditing all assets within the network or system There are two types of network and security assessments: vulnerability assessment and penetration test.
The purpose of a network and security assessment is to keep the network, devices, and sensitive data secured from unauthorized access by discovering potential attack vectors from inside and outside of the internal network.
Regularly conducting network and security assessments is important for cyber security teams and organizations.
Some of the benefits of network and security assessments are:
• Saves money: Network and security assessments can help to prevent costly data breaches that can damage the reputation, revenue, and operations of an organization.
• Identifies vulnerabilities: Network and security assessments can help to uncover weak spots in the network's security measures, such as outdated software, misconfigured devices, or exposed ports /. This can help to prioritize and address the most critical risks to the network.
• Improves efficiency: Network and security assessments can help to optimize the performance and functionality of the network by eliminating unnecessary or redundant devices, applications, or processes
• Enhances security: Network and security assessments can help to improve the security posture of the network by implementing best practices, such as encryption, authentication, firewall, antivirus, etc. This can also help to comply with regulatory standards and industry guidelines for data protection.
• Enables digital transformation: Network and security assessments can help to enable digital transformation by moving to more advanced or suitable IT environments, such as cloud computing, hybrid networks, or edge computing assessment. This can help to increase flexibility, scalability, and innovation for the organization.